viernes, 9 de noviembre de 2012

Taking a nap

Background

Well, long time ago I discovered naps. It was a cool thing to do. Whenever I returned tired to my house I used to spend all evening awake doing stuff like watching movies, TV, playing some games, hanging out with my neighborhood friends, etc. Once I returned to my house really tired and decided to rest a bit in my bed. As a matter of fact I didn't want to take a nap, I just laid in my bed and began to sleep smoothly. I went to bed at 15:00 o'clock together with a huge sun who was in front of my face. When I woke up, I realized it was almost 23:30 or something like that. After that, I couldn't sleep. And I was afraid because the next day I
had a test and I thought I couldn't sleep nor study anything. But something amazing happened. I spend all that night awake and I could study and do things I had never did before. First of all, I started to study, then I saw TV programs I had never seen before, listened cats fighting, went out to see the starry sky and other things. But my fear was still there. I knew I would be sleepy in the morning, which never happened: I felt like always that morning. So, that evening I simply changed the sleeping time and everything was compensated. I slept at the evening what I didn't slept at night. Just mathematics. I used to feel kinda guilty and I didn't know why, but then I read more about this subject and found out that da Vinci, Napoleon and other famous people used to take several naps in one day! And also learned by reading some investigations that taking a nap can reduce hear disease, a sickness which I am more likely to have due to my life style.

I wanted to share with you some tips to get a good napping time!

Tips for napping:

1) First of all, get a nice and warm blanket. Not a lot, just one. Wrap yourself in it and go to bed.
2) Find a comfortable pillow. Make sure you feel relaxed and pleasant. A good pillow will definitely make a good difference.
3) Find yourself a good place for napping. I use my bed, but other times I've napped in my armchair. Though you could use your computer chair, whatever makes you feel comfortable.
4) Make constant naps. Try to have always a schedule for napping. This will improve your ability to fall sleep faster.
5) Weather has a big influence in naps, especially depending on persons. I love sunny and rainy days, so I don't have any problems with climate. But I've met people who can't sleep while it's raining. So the previous tip can change this. Get used to taking naps ignoring the weather!
6) If you have long naps, try to take them with a alarm. This will let you know that you have had enough time sleeping.
7)Sleeping too long during the day will keep you awake at night. Keep thisn mind. This could be good or bad for you, depending on many aspects (Job, age, gender, marital status).

Napping also has a lot of benefits:

1) It restores your strenght and alertness just as you had sleep all night. 
2) If you are a person who wakes up every morning kinda difficult or stubborn, constant naps could create a  positive change or make it worse! IF you notice you keep waking up angry or something like that, stop napping immediately! According to scientists your mood changes positively. Keep this in mind!
3) You can save money. Realize that nap time is doing nothing. So, while you could be spending time at some coffee shop, gym, flippers, beauty saloon, etc. you will be sleeping doing exactly nothing.
4) It works awesome as a diet, though I haven't noticed any changes. But some people, according to surveys, say that works pretty cool to lose weight. As stated earlier, you don't do anything while napping, so this might serve as a great diet.
5) It's AWESOME. Just do it and take it seriously!
 
This is what I think about naps. You need to realize of this, come out of the closet, you might be a potential napper. TRANSFORM YOURSELF INTO A NAPPER!!!!

1 comentario:

  1. It can be a good thing to do, but I keep thinking that living could be better

    ResponderEliminar