martes, 27 de noviembre de 2012

Poem

Just saw a report about immigrant Colombian girls in Chile. It talked about women who have  despicable jobs at night clubs and quite sad lives. They come here expecting to have a positive change in their lives but what they found here is nothing else but a bad quality life. Some of them said that they only came here in order to help financially to their families in their country.  I've personally talked with one of those girls at a pub, who worked as a bartender and she told me her story life, and how she spend her first days here in Chile. I couldn't believe it. It was pretty sad, and I think most of them have the same experience. Anyways, they do it to help, it's a noble thing to do and I admire that.
Well, this poem is inspired by them, hope you enjoy it!

A lady of the night looked at me,
she offered me a cup of a strange tea.
I accepted her gift kindly,
she walked away blindly.
Her eyes showed a deep sadness.

1 comentario: