miércoles, 29 de agosto de 2012

Creative Writing Workshop (1)

The Umbrella Man - Continuation of the story:

While we were standing there, alone in the rain and waiting for a taxi, my mother started to feel very nervous, almost as if she had seen a ghost. She took almost five seconds to get fully blushed due to the strange moment she was experiencing. I did not know what was happening. Out of nowhere, she showed me the umbrella that she was holding in her left hand. It was stained with dark blood. I saw my mother, she was petrified and scared, but I did not understand why that old man would give her an umbrella like that. I tried to ask her what was happening and she whispered:
-"Please, daughter, stay calm. I don't know what is happening but I've seen in that corner a man that is similar to that old man. I've seen him twice in one minute and it seems he is watching us, but I can't tell if he is the old man."
At that moment I was horrified, who could be watching us and why? Why that old man, if it was he, who seemed to be a peaceful person would give us a bloodstained umbrella? While all of this was occurring, my mom held my hand like if she was about to lose me, like if she knew something bad was going to happen. After she calmed a bit, she told me in a calm way:
-"Dear daughter, I'm afraid that I won't be able to be with you in this life, at least. According to what I read from the sheet of paper that was above the umbrella, it seems that the blood is infected with something. I want to ask you something and please, do not argue with me. I want you to go to the police station, find a policeman and tell him to call an ambulance. I love you so much. Please, do this for me and do it fast. I'll be right here." 
In that exactly moment I felt deep inside me that my mom was talking serious. After she told me that, she showed me the paper in which was written the information about the infection. I just ran to the cops no matter the rain or cold, I wanted to make my mom feel calm and relaxed. 
Once I arrived to the police station, I told them my problem and they were pretty fast. They went to see my mom with special suits and an ambulance. They took her umbrella and she blacked out, but that happened because she was under a lot of pressure. The paramedics took me and my mom into their ambulance and we rushed to the hospital. After my mom got healed by the medicine, the cops talked to us and told us that the old man who gave us the umbrella was a crazy person who escaped from the asylum by killing a doctor and deceiving all of the personal with the cloth who he robbed from the doctor. 
Now, after three years of that ugly incident, my mom has not recovered from the stressful situation she lived. but I'm taking care of her. She showed me that I am the most important thing of her life and I have to pay her back. 

4 comentarios:

  1. Pretty interesting! It's like a biological weapon in an umbrella! Although it's kind of weird you find a sheet of paper telling you what is the infection about. Did the old man get the infected blood in the asylum or somewhere else? Did he kill the doctor with it? I'm not clear on those. I liked it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Paul: I did not get any notification about this and I don't spend too much time at this. From now on I'll check it more often
    Andrea: Well, obviously you can't get those questions answered, maybe I should re-arrange the story. Now that I've read it again your questions are quite important, but I think it's better to imagine what could have happened, maybe the old man was a bad ghost lol I don't know. I assure you next time you will not have any questions nor doubts about my story :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This story has supernatural elements? Or all the events can be explained empirically? I hope to read more from you

    ResponderEliminar